1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview lesson - year 6

Discussion in 'Primary' started by bluerose, Apr 6, 2008.

1. what are you actually aiming to do during the lesson? As id not expect someone to write a story for example as an interview lesson as lot of time theyd be writing and youd be not teaching. So what is the outcome youre aiming for?
    Lots of practical work, objects, drama etc would be good although id ask the school before you start about behaviour of class before trying some of these things although quite often tricky kids behave if someone is in observing from SMT which is helpful.

Have a look on wikispace for good and outstanding teaching at waht makes a good or better lesson

2. Thanks for your reply

They have told me they want me to teach a lesson on creative writing. I wanted to use the story openers as they are a really good stimulus and good use of ICT. I think it will mainly be role play/speaking and listening based, I'm still really thinking of ideas at the moment. I've been told that they are a well behaved class. How would anyone tackle this?

3. titus4t

titus4t New commenter

Buy Pie Corbett's Teaching Fiction Writing at Key Stage 2 and use one of his workshops. They concentrate on different parts of creative writing. One of my favourites is about showing not telling how characters are feeling which lends itself well to drama. And even if you don't use if this time, it is a great investment for the future!

4. Thanks for that tip - I'll check it out!

5. glitterdustgirl

glitterdustgirl New commenter

6. talulabell

talulabell New commenter

7. Hi. I use the story starters for an interview lesson (yr 6 class) and it worked really well. The Headteacher rated the lesson as outstanding...though I didn't expect the chn to write a whole story, rather focused on how to create atmoshere and describe setting in a story. I used the starter of someone walking throught the woods. Got the chn to work in talking pairs to discuss words and phrases they could use, fed back to class then chn had a go at writing. I supported a group during shared writing. In the plenary we highlighted all the words/phrases related to feeling/atmosphere.

Good luck!

8. Peekay could you share that lesson plan with us on the wikispace?

9. what or where is wikispace???

10. if u post your email address i'll email to u

11. Do you still have a copy? If so could I have one please

12. Any chance on some more info about wikispace??? I was interested in the lesson criteria mentioned here, and the story starters, but don't know what wikispace is.

13. Hi,

I've got an interview on Friday. I would be very grateful if you would email your plan for this lesson to me, at maryatworkhousehill@btinternet.com

Thank you,

Mary