1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview Lesson Year 4/5

Discussion in 'Primary' started by MSDavis156, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Hello,
    I have an interview on Thursday which I need to teach a mixed ability Year 4/5 group for 20 mins on developing phonics and spelling. I'm not sure what to do with phonics/spelling for this age range so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Hello,
    I have an interview on Thursday which I need to teach a mixed ability Year 4/5 group for 20 mins on developing phonics and spelling. I'm not sure what to do with phonics/spelling for this age range so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

3. debbie4us

debbie4us New commenter

I teach Year 4 and we follow Spelling Bank. You could probably do a good activity with homophones as this is Year 4/5 objective. ie on whiteboards how many ways can we spell 'there', 'they're, their'? Which one goes is which sentence (on iwb). I am sure there are lots of good homophone games out there, which might inspire you. My class love spelling games in teams where they can list as many homophones as they can think of in 5 minutes then we talk about how to use them. Just ideas but hope this helps. Good luck Thursday!