1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview lesson - YEAR 1 LITERACY

Discussion in 'Primary' started by primaryteacher12, May 17, 2011.

1. I have an interview lesson on Friday, and have to teach a class of year 1's literacy for 30 mins. I have a book by Sally Grindley called 'SHHH!' as it is so good with interacting with chn. I am in desperate need of ideas for clear LO's and SC's, and a really good activity. The school has just told me that the ability range is 'mixed'.
    So, any ideas???? Thank you in advance.x

2. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but if you're 'desperately in need of ideas' you must stop to consider whether or not you're ready to be a class teacher - because then you need ideas for more than 20 different hours of lessons per week.
    Have a go at designing the LO, activities, etc and come back and tell us what you think you might do. Then others can assist you offering constructive criticism.

3. Another brilliant post by middlemarch.
    When people are nervous or panicky they might struggle to think clearly, especially if you really want the job. It is not a case of you questioning your ability to teach.
    Think what exactly is it that you want the children to learn? Make sure the activities match the L.O. Best advice keep it simple, and make the S.C clear to the children. You won't go wrong.