1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview Lesson this week...

Discussion in 'Primary' started by louiseelsiet, Feb 27, 2011.

1. louiseelsiet

louiseelsiet New commenter

Hi,
    I have an interview this week and have to teach an English lesson for an hour. I really need some opinions on the lesson I've planned and wondered whether anyone would be willing for me to PM my ideas for the lesson to them?
    Thanks in advance!

2. inq

inq

For which year group and what are your initial ideas? - You are likely to get more help if you give us some of your ideas that could be tweaked rather than 'get me this job'. Remember the school want to see what you can do not what we can do for you as if you, hopefully, get the job you will have to plan all your own lessons.

Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh.

3. louiseelsiet

Hi!
    Sorry, I didn't explain myself particularly well. I have planned a lesson. I just wondered whether I could message the details to someone and whether they could take a look at my ideas and offer their opinion? I don't want someone to tell me what to teach, I would just like some reassurance that my ideas are on the right track!
    I don't want to post too many details on this forum. I know another candidate for the same job has already done this and don't want my ideas being made public! [​IMG]

4. I'm happy to take a look.

5. louiseelsiet

6. You explained yourself very well! You asked for someone to look over your plan! I think ing needs to read a little more carefully. I teach Year 1 and will happily take a look if you are KS1...not sure I can help if it is KS2! Good luck for your lesson and well done for coming up with your own ideas :)

7. louiseelsiet

Thanks yoitsjo, it's a KS2 position though! [​IMG]
    Thanks everyone for your offers of help! Time for bed now I think or I'll be half asleep in school tomorrow!

8. inq

inq

You have mail

9. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

Good Luck!

10. louiseelsiet

Thanks to Ing for your advice! I have made some changes and I'm going to have a trial lesson with a colleague's class tomorrow.

11. You have more mail - sorry, didn't see it until just now. Good luck!