1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview lesson- speaking and listening with year 5, help!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by perryman123, May 5, 2012.

1. Hi,

Have got an interview for a fantastic school. The practical aspect of the interview is to teach a speaking and listening to a group of year 5 children. I'm going to use the Literacy objective; use language and actions to explore and convey situations and remember and identify specific points. My main idea was to use a mock trial based on a fairy tale, with the children presenting evidence for or against a character. Don't know if this is an age appropriate idea though? What does everyone think?

Thanks!

2. Hi,

Have got an interview for a fantastic school. The practical aspect of the interview is to teach a speaking and listening to a group of year 5 children. I'm going to use the Literacy objective; use language and actions to explore and convey situations and remember and identify specific points. My main idea was to use a mock trial based on a fairy tale, with the children presenting evidence for or against a character. Don't know if this is an age appropriate idea though? What does everyone think?

Thanks!

3. Sillow

Sillow Senior commenter

I did Red Riding Hood playscripts with my Year 6 class in the Autumn! I think a trial sounds interesting and appropriate for the kids, so I say go for it!

4. 2004ajd

2004ajd New commenter

There is a good resource on here based on "crime and punishment." Three little pigs I think, from the Wolf's perspective

Good Luck:)