1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview - Lesson plan help!

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by lisamariegracie44, Mar 4, 2019.

1. lisamariegracie44

lisamariegracie44 New commenter

Hello

I am currently completing my PGCE Primary and have been applying for teaching positions in the local area. I have been invited for an interview next week. I have been asked to prepare a 30 minute teaching session for a year three class. I can choose any subject, other than maths.

I am just wondering what subject I should choose?! Would it be favourable to choose the other two core subjects, or should I choose a subject in the broader curriculum?

Any advice would be much appreciate :)

2. mh41st

mh41st New commenter

It might be an idea to showcase a lesson which meets one of the learning objectives in the history curriculum. Children seem to like history when it's presented as a narrative which is meaningful to them. Start with a QI fact or question to hook them in: e.g. the anglo-saxons didn't have forks so how did they eat their food? (The Ashmolean site could help).