1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview lesson on Tuesday - help needed

Discussion in 'Personal' started by guinnesspuss, May 13, 2011.

1. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

Didn't want you to think no-one cared!
    I have never taught year 9 so I can't help I'm afraid. Now 9 year olds.......

2. I've noticed from previous posts that people are reluctant to interview candidates ideas straight off. However, if you come up a few ideas first people are more likely to offer feedback and suggest ways in which you can improve.

Good luck with your interview.

3. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Speaking on behalf of colleague heads, I think the head of the school interviewing you would prefer it if you could come up with 'ideas that would dazzle and amaze' - otherwise, if the head appoints you it's like test-driving a Porsche, agreeing to buy it and then being given a Ford Ka, isn't it?
    However, as the previous poster says - other teachers are often willing to offer constructive criticism if you post up your lesson plan for them to see your ideas.

4. Read them a bit of Wilfred Owen, then take them outside, get them to dig a trench and shoot some of them. It would be dazzling AND amazing, and if you pick the right kids, it'll ensure that the school moves up the league tables.

cyolba, always willing to help a colleague who is obviously unsuited for the job :)