1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview - lesson observation

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by funkychick88, May 17, 2012.

1. I have an interview on Monday and have been asked to prepare a 30min lesson with a Numeracy focus. Any ideas on whether it is better for them to see you do a number lesson or more practical shape space and measure activity like capacity? It's a y1 class. Advice please!

2. From my experience of interviews, speaking to heads and also from teaching year 1 I would go with something practical. It can still be number but you can do that practically also. This means that all children have the opportunity to access the learning, it is easier to push the more able also.
    Let me know what you think of as a focus and I can try to give you some ideas for activities.

3. You know Theo has said a number of times not to share ideas on interview lessons on this forum. Since head teachers read it they may very well see it here and see it wasn't YOU, or another candidate for the same job will see it and you will both look silly doing the same thing - and neither of you will get the job!

good luck!