1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview Lesson Observation

Discussion in 'Primary' started by sweetie666, May 12, 2011.

1. sweetie666

sweetie666 New commenter

I wouldnt focus on 2-d shapes as I just did that with reception and focussed on 3-d with my year 1 (I have a mixed class for my pgce placement) .
    I think if you have got year 2, I would focus on 3-d shapes and their properties with the feely bag idea and describing the features of the shape including corners, edges and faces and what items they can normally be seen as e.g. cylinder=baked bean tin and sphere=ball.
    Do you have to look at shapes?

2. Far too easy for year 2. What is your learning objective?

3. Thank you for your advice! For some reason I don't seem to be able to plan an effective starter, guess it is because of how much is resting on it.

4. you need a clear learning objective, that will help

5. I'm a secondary teacher so not sure what stage the students should begin learning/using interesting vocabulary but may be that could be the learning objective. Get them to describe items from a bag using interesting adjectives and the others can guess or draw it.

6. Jaupua

Jaupua New commenter

Remember that it is not a 2D shape, if they can pick it up. If they're feeling the shape to describe its properties, then they are feeling a 3D shape.

7. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

If Kate Burgess is your real name, you've given a big 'heads up' to anyone on the interview panel - especially the head - about your planning capability. An awful lot of heads now use this site, you know.