1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview lesson observation - I'm stuck

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by josutherland1, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Can anyone offer any advice? I have an interview for a job next week, coupled with a 25 minute lesson on 'feelings' to a Reception class. I have planned a lesson and am happy with how it is coming together, but am now in a blind panic that (having spent hours reading through all the other fantastic threads on this site) it will not meet the 'Outstanding' criteria. I'm struggling to see how I can be sure that 'progress' can be at least good and, for some, exemplary, within the time frame allotted and given the topic. Please can anyone out there offer their thoughts? Thank you in advance :)

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

You say you're happy with what you've planned, so well done! Now you have to carry that confidence forward believing in your capabilities. i doubt if many people feel 100% confident about an interview lesson & the more one thinks on it the more 'problems & difficulties we can imagine.
    You've read all the wonderful advice including tips about how to make a lesson outstanding, ensure you've allowed for differentiation & can show improvement, then settle back & make up your mind to enjoy your time with the children, as that's going to be a major part of what they're looking for;your relationship with the children.
    Theo would also remind you to make sure you put a copy of your lesson plan into the observer's hands.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well done on getting that interview!
    Yes, good advice here from Lara! Including the point about the lesson plan - and make sure that it has differntitaion in it, in case you don´t actually need to use it in the lesson.
    Always remember that your lesson observation for an interview will be judged EXACTLY as your PGCE tutor judges it, and EXACTLY as the Ofsted Inspector would do.
    If you open the Welcome thread at the top of the page, and then the two Interview clickables inside, you´ll get a whole load of tips about interviews.
    Including a link to a thread about what the school is looking for in an interview lesson.
    Best of luck!
    By popular demand! In response to Tessers e-mailing in: another Job Seminar now on Saturday 14th May:
    www.tesweekendworkshop25.eventbrite.com
    The next Moving onto Leadship seminar is Sunday 15th May.
    http://tesweekendworkshop24.eventbrite.com/
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!