1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview lesson - numeracy

Discussion in 'Primary' started by DB9required, May 29, 2011.

1. I have a 20 min interview lesson next week (Thurs). I have to teach a group of 25 year 1/2s a maths lesson. Would really appreciate constructive comments........ LO: Solve mathematical problems or puzzles/ Know addition and subtraction facts up to 10. How about 'Four-pin Bowling'. On board numbered 1-4 (either models or pictures). Which pins must they knock down to score exactly 5? This would be provided in physical/picture format for the chn to use to have number bonds up to 10 (LA, if identified, would continue with the 1-4, moving onto the 10 bonds if appropriate). Extension/Differentiation pins that would have number bonds of 20. Envisage doing this as a paired activity.

2. I have a 20 min interview lesson next week (Thurs). I have to teach a group of 25 year 1/2s a maths lesson. Would really appreciate constructive comments........ LO: Solve mathematical problems or puzzles/ Know addition and subtraction facts up to 10. How about 'Four-pin Bowling'. On board numbered 1-4 (either models or pictures). Which pins must they knock down to score exactly 5? This would be provided in physical/picture format for the chn to use to have number bonds up to 10 (LA, if identified, would continue with the 1-4, moving onto the 10 bonds if appropriate). Extension/Differentiation pins that would have number bonds of 20. Envisage doing this as a paired activity.

3. This activity would take my year 2 children about 5 minutes to complete as there are so few possibilities. I don't think an interview panel would be overly impressed with seing something lifted straight from the puzzles and problems book either.