1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview lesson - IWB help

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by Felix81, Mar 22, 2012.

1. I was wondering if anyone could help me please. I am coming back to teaching after a long break and am looking for jobs presently. However, I do not have any software for IWB on my computer. Can someone please advise me on what can be used on an IWB without the software.

2. I was wondering if anyone could help me please. I am coming back to teaching after a long break and am looking for jobs presently. However, I do not have any software for IWB on my computer. Can someone please advise me on what can be used on an IWB without the software.

3. If a school has a data projector and an IWB in the class room then you could just use it as a projector and do a power point setting out learning objectives etc.

4. PowerPoint.
    Vintage software.

5. KYP

KYP New commenter

You won't be able to use the whiteboard 'interactively' (ie by touching the screen to move things around etc) but you will be able to use it as a projection screen, to project anything you want onto it. I don't think I'd risk using an IWB interactively in an interview lesson - if it's anything like our ones, they are very temperamental. Some features of the software can be useful ( eg a 'blind' to hide answers that you want to reveal a bit at a time, but you could do that sort of thing on a powerpoint anyway.
    If you gave information about topics etc that might help people give more specific suggestions, or maybe you are just asking generally!

6. PaulDG

PaulDG Occasional commenter

An IWB is just a mouse and projector.

Whatever you can do with a mouse and your computer screen, you can do on an IWB.

7. coyote

coyote New commenter

You can probably download an evaluation copy of Smart Notebook and use all the features free for 30 days. Playing around with it will give you an idea of what's possible. They also do a free viewer.
    I'm sure other hardware/software providers do something similar.