1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview lesson...help!!!

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by amy_smith, Feb 7, 2011.

1. I've got an interview on Friday and I need to do a 20 minute lesson on spontaneous improvisation. And I'm really working myself up about it! lol!

Any suggestions on what I could do in such a short space of time while still fitting in a starter, main and plenary?!

2. I've got an interview on Friday and I need to do a 20 minute lesson on spontaneous improvisation. And I'm really working myself up about it! lol!

Any suggestions on what I could do in such a short space of time while still fitting in a starter, main and plenary?!

3. I'd try and offer a taster of sorts...
    As a developmental task you could try having three bags, one filled with location cards, one filled with character cards and final one with scenario cards. Students, in pairs/small groups select their three cards to improv around.
    May appear a little too workshop-like, but an idea none the less!

4. modelling
    (a models b into image, then swap b models a)
    justification (group guesses or decides what the context is behind the model)
    tag improv (member of the group enters and makes an "offer" which allows the model to come to life and "accept" the "offer") teacher can freeze the scene and remove one of the improvising partners. Another student can now enter, with a new "offer" for a new situation
    Check out this link for terminology and ideas:
    http://www.improvcomedy.org/glossary.html
    good luck :)