1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview lesson help! Yr 11 revision lesson on Inheritance.

Discussion in 'Science' started by kearney_s, Apr 1, 2011.

1. I'm currently a GTP and have got my first interview next week. I've been asked to prepare a 50 minute revision lesson for a Year 11 class on Inheritance. I've never taught this topic before and looking at the spec it seems like a lot to fit into 50 minutes! I've got a few ideas but was wondering if anyone had any advice on how I can cover all that content, keep the lesson fun and engaging, whlst keeping the essentials needed for an interview lesson (assessment and differentiation!)
    All advice very much appreciated!! :)

2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

You could try a starter using photos of people like the Osmonds and the Jackson 5.

3. Thanks Blazer! Fab idea.

4. mrswallow

mrswallow Occasional commenter

There's a work sheet on the resources here called 'Superbabies' which is pretty cool. I didn't write it, but have used it and it seems to work well.

5. There is also one here I think with the Mr Men and Little Miss. I edited it (used it as a starter) and have had 2 outstanding ofsted lessons with it. Make sure you check the exam board spec and use the KEY words they require. Make sure you tell them what they need to know in the exam and I would also try and get them to do an exam question in one way or another. Good oppertunity for group work.

Good Luck.

6. I got the job!! Thanks for all the suggestions guys!

7. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Well done, did you use any of our suggestions (we shall be after commision)!