1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview/lesson help please :)

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by monalisa, Jan 23, 2020.

1. monalisa

monalisa New commenter

Hi
    I have an interview for a casual supply post at a local special school. I'm very rusty, not having taught SEN students for a few years. The lesson I have to prepare is 30 minutes, 10 Year 7/8 students (9 boys) who have SpLD, GDD, MLD, SLD, ASD and SLC. 4 of the students are EAL. I'm completely at a loss how to approach this, 30 minutes is a very small amount of time, the students have never seen me before, and I'm unsure of any of their 'levels'. Does anyone have any ideas for a lesson that would work in this instance, or just some ideas to help. Any ideas are much appreciated, thankyou:)

2. 50sman

50sman Lead commenter

What type of lesson?

3. monalisa

monalisa New commenter

There is nothing mentioned on my letter, so I presume I can teach anything I like :)

4. monalisa

monalisa New commenter

Nothing on my letter so I think I have the freedom to teach anything.

5. 50sman

50sman Lead commenter

Will send you a pm

6. 50sman

50sman Lead commenter

Have sent you a message - look in conversations on your emoji when you log in

7. dottysocks

dottysocks New commenter

Hi, I'm in a really similar position.

I have an upcoming interview, also 30mins with year 7/8 MLD ASD class, although not all boys so not the same post as above! I too am rusty with SEN classes so would love some pointers if anyone has any.

Good luck with your interview monalisa!