1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview lesson - help please!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by redwillow, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Do you have any more information? Will the children be expected to write in this half an hour ? I think your idea sounds good depending on the objects.....

2. I suspect that if you allowed children to select an object randomly, you would get a few sentences simply describing it (depends how you model it). I would be tempted to take in one object (eg a large old fashioned key/a mysterious box/a half-torn letter) and fire them up by describing what you can see in this box/could open with this key/might be the ending of the letter (lots of play acting) then invite them to discuss and share ideas before writing about it. You will need to be very pacy, without rushing them and ignoring good ideas. Using a minute timer will help them focus and enable you to maybe produce a piece of writing in a very short space of time! They really need you to inspire them and they need a chance to talk about their ideas before writing with loads of reassurance and praise and maybe a goal eg you will collate a collection of short stories about the object. Go for it and enjoy yourself!