1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview lesson help needed! Around the World or Africa theme...

Discussion in 'Primary' started by im1190, May 12, 2011.

1. I like the co-ordinates lesson using a map of Africa, that is a really interesting idea :) Or, just an idea, not sure how well it would work: get a big map of the continent, have the children sit around it, and use a toy ship or toy explorer they have to place in the right square/work out the co-ordinate. Let us know what you decide on :)

2. Hi,

I ended up creating 3 differentiated maps of africa (one with 1 quadrant, one with 2 quadrants and one with 4 quadrants)
    The children had to plot the cooordinates they passed from their red starting star to their gold ending star.
    I got really good feedback on the lesson, they loved the idea and resources and said they will use this themselves in the future.
    I did not get the job as there were 2 internal candidates but I have since got a job elsewhere.
    I used a toy explorer and boat like u suggested so thanks for the advice.
    xxx

3. Hi,

This lesson idea is exactly what I need for an observation! Is there anyway you could kindly share the maps of Africa?
    It would be much appreciated

xxxx