1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview lesson: does this happen to anybody else?

Discussion in 'English' started by anon8315, May 8, 2011.

1. anon8315

anon8315 Established commenter

I have to teach a KS3 poetry lesson; I must have done this hundreds of times in my teaching career to date, yet when trying to plan a lesson for an interview, I end up sat in front of the laptop practically tearing my hair out wondering what to do! Is it just me?

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

You need to narrow done your choices! Sometimes we just have too much information and don't know where to start.
    First select your objective for the lesson then think of a poem you have used best suited to that.
    Then go back to your previous lesson planning for that poem and adapt.
    Don't spend time browsing the 'net - I'm sure you already have plenty of material.
    Put everything else away, have a cup of coffee, then focus in on that one poem and lesson.
    Most of all - don't panic!
    Good luck! [​IMG]

3. anon8315

Thanks, Marlin! I think I know what I am doing now (hollow laugh ...!) xx

4. Badger girl you have my sympathies. I have not one, but two, lessons to plan for an interview on Wednesday and no idea whatsoever to do for U6 poetry for 35 minutes. I will sort something out though. When I started teaching you were understood to be qualified so no one watched you teach, oh for those days!!

5. anon8315

It's so stressful, isn't it! Not knowing the room, what the children are like, feeling the pressure of having to tick a thousand and one boxes, the worry of using ICT and it not working, the fear of not using it and it costing you the job ... !