1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview lesson advice please

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by OTTER, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Which language is this for? Which age group?

2. Year 9 French.

Thank you

3. I cannot come up with much in the way of connectives either without it getting too complicated.
    So a few suggestions.
    Starter on countries in Europe/ World and their names in French. Maybe you can find/ make an interactive map for this. You could do this as a team game. e.g Which team thinks they can place 5 country names correctly? They bid up until the team that bets the most get to try if they make a mistake the points go to the other team.
    After revising/ presenting names of countries + en/au you could revise transport/ family members/ months/day
    To build up sentences a la Michel Thomas.
    Je vais aller en France
    Je vais aller en France en avion.
    Je vais aller en France en avion avec ma famille.
    Je vais aller en France en avion avec ma famille jeudi
    etc etc
    I have a thing about dice for generating language. I have found this site for generating your own.
    http://www.toolsforeducators.com/dice/
    Use dice for pair/ group work
    Individual white boards for a plenary. You could do a quick dictee to reinforce spelling.
    I don't know if any of this helps.

4. mpc

mpc

Don't think you really need connectives to show level 5-ness.
    Otter has some fab suggestions.
    Could you also consider the notion of a holiday postcard? You could get away with level 6 (at a very basic starter point)
    Starter - categories - list of 20 items - places, transport, dates or time markers, activities etc.
    Development - language with picture to show meaning - gradually remove text, ask students to give you language.
    Postcards for students to 'colour' in - verbs in past, verbs in future (if you use time markers, this will be easier) & opinions.
    Good luck - try to remember that interview lessons are all about seeing how you interact with kids, not about teaching 'the perfect lesson' (if such a beast exists).

5. Thank you both for your replies...they are much appreciated :)

6. Thank you so much for your replies, they are much appreciated.