1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview issues

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by robwells84, May 3, 2012.

1. I have been offered an interview but cannot make the date as I am away on a spanish exchange.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

2. I have been offered an interview but cannot make the date as I am away on a spanish exchange.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

3. Crowbob

Crowbob Senior commenter

Phone the school and explain.

4. Which is the more important?

5. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

I was able to rearrange an interview at a school who were keen to interview me. It's worth ringing and asking, but be prepared to be told that the interview date can't be changed (they aren't necessarily being rude - as you will almost certainly be teaching some children as part of the interview, arranging an interview isn't as simple as getting you and an interviewer or two in the same room). In that case you will need to decide if the chance of a job is more important than the Spanish exchange, which it may not be unless it's your dream job. You are allowed to decline an interview and as long as you do it with enough time for them to contact another candidate (should they wish to) then there won't be any hard feelings.