1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview in special school.

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by desmareedg, Feb 3, 2012.

1. <font face="Calibri">I have an interview on Wednesday in a special school working
    with students with autism. I am confident that I am a good teacher but seem to
    have lost all confidence in interviews after not getting the last 4 jobs i have
    interviewed for....is there any advice on interview techniques and most
    importantly interview questions in a special school?</font>

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well done for getting an interview!
    That is already a great success, as jobs are being over-subscribed nowadays with large numbers of applicants.
    So there you can already feel more confident!
    At the top of this Forum there is the Welcome thread, with two clickables about interviews.
    These will give you loads of general advice about interviews, and some questions, although nothing specific about Special Schools. You can think about what they might ask you from looking at the school information, and the website.
    A lot of it will be similar to just any school, but the answers will be a little different.
    Best wishes!
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com

3. I can't find the welcome sign :(

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes you can!
    It's the top thread in this Forum!

Welcome - Jobseeking FAQs - Apply and get shortlisted - Interview... Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com

5. Thanks will read up more on those.

6. Thank you ~ got it. Must have been a bit dolly yesterday.