1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview in Ho Chi Minh, Vietam - Info needed!

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by rorirving, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Hi

I have a telephone interview next Tuesday for a PE teaching job at the alphabet school in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam.
    I was wondering if anyone had any information or advice about living and the lifestyle in ho chi minh or had any information about the school in question.
    I have done a fair bit of research already before appling for the job but would now just like peoples opinions now on the city and school.
    Many Thanks

2. happygreenfrog

happygreenfrog Occasional commenter

Send a pm to a poster called calciodirigore
    Knows all about Vietnam schools..

3. Thanks!

4. I can tell you that you can enjoy bia hoi (the locally brewed beer) for around 30p a large glass. Reason enough to go I reckon! HCMC is actually one of my favourite Asian cities, so cheap, lots to do, just hope you won't be bothered by billions of scooters, pushy salespeople, and a fair few rats and cockroaches in the downtown area :)

5. If you taught in the alpha school then you wouldn't live downtown so wouldn't have the rat/roach problem. I had no problems with either. Also the school is in district 7, which doesn't have as much traffic and noise as district 1 (downtown).