1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview in Foundation Stage

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by gemini11, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Hello,
    I have an interview on Thursday and have been asked to:
    'to bring something to share with a class of foundation stage children. You will have 10 minutes to set up a classroom and 15-20 minutes with the children. We will be looking at how you engage the children, interaction, pace and rapport with the children. Please bring with you a copy of a plan showing what you aim to achieve during the session and any other relevant notes.'
    I have no idea what to take. HELP!

Thanks

Steph x x x

2. Hello,
    I have an interview on Thursday and have been asked to:
    'to bring something to share with a class of foundation stage children. You will have 10 minutes to set up a classroom and 15-20 minutes with the children. We will be looking at how you engage the children, interaction, pace and rapport with the children. Please bring with you a copy of a plan showing what you aim to achieve during the session and any other relevant notes.'
    I have no idea what to take. HELP!

Thanks

Steph x x x

3. Go through what you have already done while on teaching practice, what did you really enjoy and what did you get a good response from? Do you have any props around or could you borrow something you have used from a school where you did your practice? Use a lesson plan that you got good feedback for, tweak it to suit the session. Eg, have a whole hour's plan but state that you are only using the carpet session and the first activity plus mini-plenary. Good luck!

4. My experience has been in year 3/4 for 2 years and have been covering in FS to year 6 so ahve not planned for FS. I love working in FS but what do the mean but bring something in to share with children.
    I have taught a lesson using pumpkin seeds based around the story Pumpkin soup. Children smelt, tasted felt pumpkin seeds. We then share ideas and modelled writing a sentence. A pumpkin seed looks like.... Feels like.... Tastes like.....
    Children then went to write theirown sentences using a scaffold to help most apart from more able.

x x x

5. Yes, that sound great! Can you get a copy of the book? Some of the children might only be writing an initial sound for each word so be prepared for that and push those children to hear a middle or end sound for the word. You could prepare a word bank to support the writing, too.