1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview ideas

Discussion in 'Primary' started by hele73, Jan 29, 2019.

1. hele73

hele73 New commenter

Hi, I've got an interview next week. I have to take in an object of my choice to do a speaking and listening activity. I've got some good ideas, but wondered if anyone has got any tried and tested ones!
    Thanks!

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Replied on your other thread.

Go with an object related to something you are passionate about, then that passion will come through.

Stiltskin likes this.
  3. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Star commenter

Think about what they're going to be looking for from you. Hopefully you can see taking your own object in will be better than using someone else's idea.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  4. hammie

hammie Lead commenter

if you do want ideas, the age of the children might help people to help you?

5. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

An unusual looking key-provokes interesting discussion. What is it a key for? Is it a magic key? Does it open a door? What does the door look like? What is on the otherside of the dorr? Who does the key belong to? Etc etc.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  6. Waiguoren

Waiguoren Occasional commenter

As I understand it, YES does not recommend answering interview questions like this too specifically. Head teachers read these forums, anand their.respect for you may go down if they recognise a specific idea and see if was not your own.

Having said that, have you thought of choosing an object and talking about where it came from and the marvellous journey it has been on (and still may be on)? Like the book, A Pebble In My Pocket, which was born in a volcano, pay under the sea, was trodden on by dinosaurs, played with by Neolithic children, etc. How about a coin? A piece of glass? A bit of plastic?

May2 and Lara mfl 05 like this.