1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview idea - any good?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by yalisrib, May 24, 2011.

1. I have an interview on Thursday with an observed lesson in a Reception class. All the notes say are 30 minutes in a Summer 1 Reception class with Number as the focus. I am unsure of whether or not to do a whole class activity or with just one group and send the others to independent work. One idea I had is to sing some number songs and the focus on number bonds - make a car in the middle of the carpet and tell the children that 5 children can sit in it with a mix of boys and girls, I wil then invite a child to suggest a number of girls to put in, and then as a class work out how many boys can go in. This will then be repeated until all ways of making 5 are found.If this goes well, I'll increase it to 6 or 7. Each time, I will write down the number sentance and go through it with them.
    Does this sound appropriate for the end of a Reception class and is it likely to take 20 minutes. I'm really scared and hope to god I get this job - I've been waitig a long long time for this opportunity.