1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview help!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by LES2306, Mar 22, 2020.

1. LES2306

LES2306 New commenter

Hi all,

I have an interview which has asked me to deliver a 20 min reading activity to KS1. Has anyone got any wow ideas they could share. It’s a school I would love to work at :)

Thanks

Lara

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I very much doubt any interviews will take place in the coming months and those which do to cope with staff retiring etc will happen by 'video link' I expect, so I shouldn't worry about delivering any observed lessons.

You may however have to produce a lesson plan for one, in which case I'll give my usual advice, stick with something you know has worked well in the past and adapt it.

bombaysapphire likes this.
  3. LES2306

LES2306 New commenter

I had an email Friday to say they will be holding the interview xx

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

All I can say is that I might wonder if they're prepared to flout government guidance about unnecessary travel, would I want to work for them?

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You really need to work out your own ideas for this, you know!

Suppose someone puts interview activity ideas on here, and the Head of the school reads this forum. It has happened...

So just think of a class activity that worked well. What were you trying to achieve? How did you manage to achieve it? Could you base the interview activity on similar techniques?

If the school is really going to give you a class, since the school is closed to pupils other than those of certain workers, it will not be a normal class.

And can you travel there safely, avoiding public transport in the rush hour, for example?

I really am not happy about this situation...

Best wishes

bombaysapphire and Lara mfl 05 like this.