1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview Help

Discussion in 'English' started by careyguite1, Mar 25, 2019.

1. I am a NQT teacher who has an interview at a secondary school, the micro teach is to a class of Year 10 pupils set 1 graes 5-8. I have to teach a victorian text, I have only 20 minutes. Does anyone have any words of wisdom or lesson ideas ?

2. blueskydreaming

blueskydreaming Lead commenter

Find out which exam boards they teach for lang and lit, and do something related to one of the types of exam question.

E.g. For Edexcel lang there are a couple of short questions where you find a quote to show xyz from the 19th century text, then a language & structure q, then an evaluative q. You could focus on one of the questions. Choose your own text, not a past paper. Make up your own question.

3. Mrsmumbles

Mrsmumbles Star commenter

You could choose that really cool scene in Jekyll where he shape shifts in front of Dr Lanyon, then get rhe kids guessing at bitsbof vocab with a cloze task, explain new words, give them a glossary, getvthem to make their iwn creative use of fhe vocab in their sentences...explain the story...then extend rhe top end with a mini task of writing a 50 word description of a scary transformation of their own. Should appeal to the boys! Cover the PowerPoint with images of the mutants in X Men and images of Hyde transforming and that should entertain them all.