1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview help!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by shadowkitten, Oct 16, 2018.

1. shadowkitten

shadowkitten New commenter

I have an interview for an Assistant Head position at a school that I really like and I need to create a 10 minute presentation on "Based on our recent Ofsted report, what is your role in moving the school from RI to Good?" I understand how I want to do that, I know what steps I would take if I was awarded the position, my question is what is the most effective way to set out my presentation? Should I have separate sections for leadership, teaching/learning and assessment etc and talk through each one or is there a more effective way? Should I directly quote sections of their Ofsted report and say what my action would be to combat that?

Starting a new project is difficult, once I start it I know I'll run with it!

2. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

One approach would be to highlight what is the highest priority . You could create a time frame to show when the various actions will start. its the quality of your suggestions about what needs to be done that is really important. Build in on going reviews so you can answer the question how do you know it is working?
    Good luck