1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview help!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by heather96, Oct 30, 2017.

1. heather96

heather96 New commenter

Hello, I am hoping some of you could help me! I need advice on what to expect at some interviews I have this week, such as what type of questions, tests (I have been told I have tests to do before the interview) or activities I could be expected to do. Any general advice would also be appreciated.

I have two interviews this week for a teaching assistant position, one for an Academy for children with special educational needs (they offer a training programme if successful), and another for a local primary school. I have never had an interview for a position like this before, and have close to zero experience with children with special educational needs, my cousin has Aspergers and I have close friends with dyslexia who I have known since I was about 10 so I have some experience there. I have about 9 months experience of volunteering as a classroom assistant in a primary school and have just graduated with a degree in Education. I have also been doing an accredited online teaching assistant level 2 course since I finished university, and I am still studying that. I know I have the right personality for the job, I am just a bit nervous.

One last thing, I have a holiday booked next year to go to Florida, this has been booked by my boyfriend since January and it can't be changed. We are going in the Easter holiday next year but we leave two days before the Easter holiday starts, which would still be term time. I will want to mention this in the interview obviously, but I am worried it will affect my chances of getting the job, how do I go about bringing it up?

Sorry for that being so long! Thank you so much for reading and I hope you guys can help!