1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview Help

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by amortby, Dec 17, 2015.

1. amortby

amortby New commenter

what are the key challenges of managing the range of Business Study Programmes across all levels and of developing the curriculum for the future.

2. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

What do you think the challenges are?

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I think that you need to be sure of these challenges yourself. And also, of course, be prepared to say how you would deal with the challenges. If we told you the answers, you would not, perhaps, be able to deal on your own with things that crop up when you are in post and cannot ask us to tell you what to do!

I'll just give you something to add to the points that you will think of, from my experience as a Vice principal in FE:

As it is FE, you will need to remember (a) student numbers and (b) funding for different courses and (c) how many hours can be delivered to that many students within the funding. A class of 10 can finance only half as many teaching hours as a class of 20.

And as for general interview help, here it is. This includes things that are not relevant for you, but I'm including them for the benefit of other readers:

3. Preparing for Interview I suggest that you read these in this order

Help, I've got an interview!*** The basic advice ***

Teaching an observed lesson at interview

Using mind-mapping for interviews*** The best-loved advice ***

Tell us about yourself - dream or nightmare question?*** Read and note this ***

Daft Interview Questions

What shall I wear to the interview?

Interviews – making a positive first impression

How do you decide who to appoint?

What excuse can I give for going to interview?

Child Protection: the questions, NOT the answers

A typical Child Protection Policy

Two interviews and a dilemma

Interview feedback - they blamed my experience, but they knew that when they shortlisted me!

SLT interviews - possible questions

In-tray exercises. Deputy Head

Assistant Head interviews

General interview questions

Questions to ask at the end of your interview

Good luck!

P.S. Courtesy never goes amiss. Such as Please and Thank you.

459224 likes this.