1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview Help!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by krafteekeys, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Hi, I qualified last July although had a few confidence issues and ended up supplying then teaching one to one literacy for ten weeks this year. I am now working as a TA with a special needs child and loving my job but feel I need to get a job soon! I have an interview on Monday, its a twenty minute maths lesson with ten year 3 children. There is no particular focus, I have been debating a very active maths lesson, depending on space obv. Any ideas on what I could base my LO on?
    Thanks so much!
    Krafteekeys

2. Hi, I qualified last July although had a few confidence issues and ended up supplying then teaching one to one literacy for ten weeks this year. I am now working as a TA with a special needs child and loving my job but feel I need to get a job soon! I have an interview on Monday, its a twenty minute maths lesson with ten year 3 children. There is no particular focus, I have been debating a very active maths lesson, depending on space obv. Any ideas on what I could base my LO on?
    Thanks so much!
    Krafteekeys

3. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

They Year 3 blocks from the Primary Framework are here.
    http://nationalstrategies.standards.dcsf.gov.uk/primary/primaryframework/mathematicsframework
    I'm sure that once you've chosen your Learning Objectives and thought of some ideas for a lesson based on your LO, then plenty of people will offer constructive criticism of them. My experience is in Early Years and KS1, so I wouldn't be any use, but I'm sure there are plenty of KS2 people in here who would be happy to look at your ideas.