1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview help!

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by pinkflipflop, Apr 2, 2011.

1. The point of the interview is for them to see what you would take. Suggestions from strangers on the internet will not show what type of teacher you are.
    You have a pretty easy task here, go away and think about it for a bit.

2. lilykitty

lilykitty New commenter

I agree that your response needs to be personal, but hopefully I can be a bit more helpful than some of the other posts.
    Ask yourself:
    Do you like the children in your class to work alone, in pairs, or in groups?
    Do you like a quiet classroom, or one where the children are talking about their learning?
    Do you like the children to be doing practical tasks, written work, or a mixture of both?
    Obviously, when you are their class teacher you would use all of these approaches depending on what you are teaching, but when do you get that 'teaching buzz' (when you feel like you are a good teacher and everything is going well)? Is it when every one is talking (and maybe being a bit chaotic) or is it when things are very ordered? I think this is what the pannel want to see.
    Try to show them who you are, rather than a nervous NQT who is trying to guess what the 'right' answer is.
    (Not that there's anything wrong with being a nervous NQT, but you know what I mean! It's your personality that will make you stand out from the rest - in a good way hopefully!)
    Good luck!