1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

interview help -'teach a topic you find interesting'

Discussion in 'Science' started by jawalton, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Please help!
    I have an interview to teach a lesson on 'a topic i find interesting', which is turning out to be a nightmare. Theres too much scope and hitting the right level (yr 10 D-A) whilst making it interesting is giving me a headache.
    Basically, can anyone give me a few ideas of topics that will go down well? Having taught A level for a year my KS4 brain has lost itself.
    Answers appreciated!!

2. If you don't know what interests you, why should anyone else??
    Would I have wanted to employ someone who is clueless? I don't think so. [​IMG] Thank goodness this forum gives you anonymity.
    Are you a Biologist, Chemist or Physicist? That might help with a starting point.
    Have you looked at a GCSE specification and identified what the class is likely to have covered? Those topics offer different challenges to things which they have yet to meet.
    Throw us some of your ideas and someone may tell you which one they would choose.
    WHY do some folk expect others to do all the work for them?

3. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Beat me to it PSY!