1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

INTERVIEW HELP PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by gummy.bear, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Help please! I have an interview in which I have to teach a Year One class for 30 minutes a lesson based on improving speaking and listening skills!! I have just finished my final placement at university in which I was in a Reception class! I need to get a Year One brain on! My current idea is to read the highway rat, ask the children to think about words which describe the rat in talk partners and then to hot seat the rat. Does this sound okay? I was also wondering for any other ideas in case it seems to easy or is over too quickly! I am so nervous! It'll be my first ever interview! :( Thank you in advance! A x

2. Help please! I have an interview in which I have to teach a Year One class for 30 minutes a lesson based on improving speaking and listening skills!! I have just finished my final placement at university in which I was in a Reception class! I need to get a Year One brain on! My current idea is to read the highway rat, ask the children to think about words which describe the rat in talk partners and then to hot seat the rat. Does this sound okay? I was also wondering for any other ideas in case it seems to easy or is over too quickly! I am so nervous! It'll be my first ever interview! :( Thank you in advance! A x

3. It sounds good but could you get them to think of/write on small whiteboards (mixed ability pairs) questions to ask the rat? This would link to the hot-seating then as they could then ask their questions. I haven't read the book so I don't know how appropriate this would be!

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Look at the NC level descriptors for S&L and then choose something from level 1 or 2 (depending on school) to base your learning and lesson around.