1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview HELP please!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Pammy5, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Hello,
    I'm 18 yrs old and I will be attending my first nursery interview (a modern-apprenticeship) at a new nursery on Thursday.
    As part of the interview I have been asked to give a 5 mins presentation about 'What are 5 important elements of a good nursery and why these are important?' I can only think of two, Teamwork and Working in partnership with parents. I'm not sure if I'm thinking along the right lines and I don't know how to extend what I'm saying to cover the 5 mins!
    Please can anyone offer any ideas/suggestions and advice please? I really, really, really need this job!Please reply asap, I need lots of time to prepare!
    Thankyou in advance for your replies
    Pammy5

2. Hello,
    I'm 18 yrs old and I will be attending my first nursery interview (a modern-apprenticeship) at a new nursery on Thursday.
    As part of the interview I have been asked to give a 5 mins presentation about 'What are 5 important elements of a good nursery and why these are important?' I can only think of two, Teamwork and Working in partnership with parents. I'm not sure if I'm thinking along the right lines and I don't know how to extend what I'm saying to cover the 5 mins!
    Please can anyone offer any ideas/suggestions and advice please? I really, really, really need this job!Please reply asap, I need lots of time to prepare!
    Thankyou in advance for your replies
    Pammy5

3. I would advise you to look at the EYFS practice guidance and think about what it says in regard to good practice and how that can be achieved. For instance, how would a good nursery be resourced and why? How are children kept safe in a nursery environment? What sort of relationships should exist between the children, staff and parents and how would these be fostered? How does organisation of resources and staffing relate to children's progress and well-being and how can these conditions be implemented and maintained? A good starting point would be to consider the 4 principles of the EYFS and what the nursery can do to implement those principles.Good luck. The documents are all available on line at :https://www.education.gov.uk/publications/standard/publicationDetail/Page1/DCSF-00261-2008