1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview help please!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by 19Kirsty19, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Hi,

I have an interview for teaching Year 2, and the teaching task is to bring in an object to inspire some shared writing for 15 mins. I have a jewellery box that I'm going to age, making it look dusty etc, and use that as my object.

I'm planning on then introducing them to the object and then do a shared write on describing the object - e.g. what it looks like, what might have been in it, and use TPs to discuss their ideas for a minute before doing some descriptive writing together.

I've never taught Year 2 before, so I've tried to appeal to their imagination...any thoughts or advice would be appreciated :)

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

General advice is not to post too much on a public forum, I've seen this idea before and who knows so might someone on your interview panel.
    Don't beat yourself up about asking, I used to give help and ideas to people such as yourself before it was pointed out!