1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview help! Ideas for activity around a book - water.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by hayley24, Mar 9, 2012.

1. fluffywhitecloud

fluffywhitecloud New commenter

There are some fab ideas there, I really wish I could think of something similar but with a more water related book! Any ideas welcome.

2. www.first-school.ws/activities/science/drippy.htm
    This is a link to an online story/activity called Drippy the raindrop - 'a wonderful story about the water cycle for young children without the big words
    I wonder if you could make your own book using these resources and this story. it would be unique, show creativity etc.

3. fluffywhitecloud

Thank u for your replies so far! I had a look at tiddilick the frog and really liked that. I was thinking of getting thechildren to listen to aboriginAl sounds, water, frogs etc to guess what the book may be about. Then read the story together, then some kind of activity around what the world would be like with no water/why we need water etc. was thinking of taking 2 plants in - one watered and healthy, one not watered. Get the children to look at the differences, write an adjective/a sentence with an adjective to describe each plant on a luggage tag and hang it on the plant.

Any other ideas warmly welcomed though!!

4. fluffywhitecloud

Any other ideas?

5. Barry The Fish With Fingers by Sue Hendra is a firm favourite of mine. He has fingers which look like Birds Eye fish fingers! Great fun but you could get a lot out of it - suggestions why fingers might be useful for a fish, recall of ways in which he used his fingers in the book, number bonds to 10 using his fingers etc.

6. tallulah9

tallulah9 New commenter

Two of my favourite books are commotion in the ocean and the rainbow fish. There are loads of activities you could do with both of them! :)

7. The Lighthouse Keeper's Lunch?
    You can base lots of creative activities on this book.