1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

interview for temp post

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by sparklyrainbowfish, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Hi all
    This might sound like a strange question - but I'm not sure of the answer.
    I have an interview tomorrow for a temporary post - do I approach this as I would a "normal" interview? I've never applied for a temp post before, so not sure! I've got my lesson all prepared and have looked at the interview advice etc on here... but just not sure what to expect.
    Thanks
    sparkly [​IMG]

2. Hi all
    This might sound like a strange question - but I'm not sure of the answer.
    I have an interview tomorrow for a temporary post - do I approach this as I would a "normal" interview? I've never applied for a temp post before, so not sure! I've got my lesson all prepared and have looked at the interview advice etc on here... but just not sure what to expect.
    Thanks
    sparkly [​IMG]

3. I assume that since you mention having a lesson prepared that you're down in England/Wales. I'm in Scotland but I know up here interviews for temp jobs are just the same as for permanent. Same kind of questions, same set up etc. so I assume it will probably be the same where you are :) Good luck.

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Temporary or Permanent, same criteria-if you want the job!

5. Certainly - we had over 140 applications for a temporary post in our department and it was exactly the same procedure as permanent...