1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview for Teaching Assistant role

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by sheerasuk, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    I just wanted to say what a great help this forum is for preparing for an interview.
    I have actually used it before and got the job when I was going for a part time SEN Teaching Assistant role. I am now going for a full time Teaching Assistant post tomorrow in another school so fingers crossed I get the job with all your help again!
    I have a literacy and numeracy test followed by half hour observation in a class followed by interview questions, waaaaaaaa!
    I will post on here how it went and questions I get asked to hopefully help other fellow interviewees. [​IMG]

2. Hi all,
    I just wanted to say what a great help this forum is for preparing for an interview.
    I have actually used it before and got the job when I was going for a part time SEN Teaching Assistant role. I am now going for a full time Teaching Assistant post tomorrow in another school so fingers crossed I get the job with all your help again!
    I have a literacy and numeracy test followed by half hour observation in a class followed by interview questions, waaaaaaaa!
    I will post on here how it went and questions I get asked to hopefully help other fellow interviewees. [​IMG]

3. Good luck :)

4. Hi Sheerasuk
    The best of luck for tomorrow! I totally agree with you about how this site helps with interviews. I also have an interview next week at our village school as a support assistant and I would be a very happy bunny if I was fortunate enough to get it .I work in the after school club already and I have been working there voluntarily one day a week for 18 months, so I have quite a good start but there has been 70 applicants for the job so I know its going to be tough. I would really appreciate you posting your questions and answers , its always helpful as all schools have different questions.
    Once again GOOD LUCK! hold your head up high and show em what youre made of.
    Dollyblue.

5. Good luck! Hope it all goes well! :)