1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview for primary pgce at Birmingham Uni

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by goin_bananas, Nov 27, 2007.

1. hello everyone,

I really need some help! i have got my second choice interview next week and i really don't want to mess up as its my last chance. So has anyone had an interview for the primary PGCE at birmingham university. what did the maths and english test consist of. And how was your experience like

thanks xx

2. hello everyone,

I really need some help! i have got my second choice interview next week and i really don't want to mess up as its my last chance. So has anyone had an interview for the primary PGCE at birmingham university. what did the maths and english test consist of. And how was your experience like

thanks xx

3. Hi, I had an interview for Primary PGCE at brum uni this week. The maths test is KS2 maths level, i did a bit of practice on the BBC bitesize website which helped. its pretty easy maths though so I wouldn't worry too much. the english test was equally as easy, they just ask you to write a bit about a topic to do with teaching 'why do you want to be a teacher' etc but for this they're not really testing what you write here, they're looking to see if you can use punctuation/grammar properly and don't make loads of spelling mistakes.so again not something to worry about too much. I was advised to concentrate more on preparing for the interview as its more important - the tests aren't deal-breakers as to whether or not u get a place.
    hope this helps!
    Good luck! :)

4. Hi I have my interview very soon and am stressing about the maths test, can you give a bit more detail and by KS2 do you mean primary KS2 or secondary????