1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview for post Next Week advice welcome please!!!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Honey121, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Honey121

Honey121 New commenter

I have an interview next week at a different College next week. I have been working at my current place of work for six years. I was promoted three,years ago I am actually doing the job I have applied for but it is under a different title with less pay.
    Unfortunately at the College where I currently work I have applied for two posts recently and was not successful, for the first the feedback was that I should not move sideways and for the second it was that the other candidate knew more about one aspect of the job than me. This knocked my confidence considerably. I am not particulary happy where I am but it isn't terrible either, I feel more than ready for a new challenge which is what this job would provide.
    The interview consists of: A role play, A Contact group, A presentation and formal interview. I guess for me it is the role play and contact group at it is the fear of the unknown. Any tips would be gratefully received! My confidence is quite low, but I wont let that show at all, I want to use the right key words too so any guidance there too would be fab as I really want this.
    It is in a very diverse area which excites me, I think this will offer a new challenge and the courses are very broad. Thank you so much in advance. I am avidly reading and will of course give it my best. Thanks again! [​IMG]

2. Honey121

Honey121 New commenter

I have an interview next week at a different College next week. I have been working at my current place of work for six years. I was promoted three,years ago I am actually doing the job I have applied for but it is under a different title with less pay.
    Unfortunately at the College where I currently work I have applied for two posts recently and was not successful, for the first the feedback was that I should not move sideways and for the second it was that the other candidate knew more about one aspect of the job than me. This knocked my confidence considerably. I am not particulary happy where I am but it isn't terrible either, I feel more than ready for a new challenge which is what this job would provide.
    The interview consists of: A role play, A Contact group, A presentation and formal interview. I guess for me it is the role play and contact group at it is the fear of the unknown. Any tips would be gratefully received! My confidence is quite low, but I wont let that show at all, I want to use the right key words too so any guidance there too would be fab as I really want this.
    It is in a very diverse area which excites me, I think this will offer a new challenge and the courses are very broad. Thank you so much in advance. I am avidly reading and will of course give it my best. Thanks again! [​IMG]

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I would say just approach the activities using your personality to shine thro'- it;s certainly coming thro' in what you posted there. Be confident!