1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview For Pgce

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by philomena85, Jan 5, 2011.

1. I have an interview for PGCE in P.E next week, Although I am not sure about the English Curriculum.??

2. I have an interview for PGCE in P.E next week, Although I am not sure about the English Curriculum.??

3. It really wouldnt be hard to get hold of the latest one out, ask around in your local schools or on the internet. You wouldnt have to know it page for page, just some of the key areas plus any new additions/changes from the old one.
    Also, are you male or female? Just to give you heads up there arent any jobs for male PE teachers at the minute and by the time you've graduated, 2 years of graduates will be looking for jobs. I'm not trying to put you off, its just the harsh reality of PE teaching at present. Read my post titled 'Thinking of a career change due to no male PE teaching jobs.
    Sorry if this comes as a kick in the teeth but thats how it is. If I had the option again then I'd reconsider my PGCE. If its what you've dreamed of doing etc etc then go for it but be prepared for a tough time getting a job.

4. Thats the same with every job at the moment though im afraid!!