1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview for PGCE International Placement ----> Any Tips????!!!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by karlz, Jan 17, 2011.

1. karlz

karlz New commenter

Hi

I have applied for an international placement as part of my PGCE course and have managed to get an interview! (Yippee!)
    My interview is this week and I have some STIFF competition and am one of the last people to be interviewed on the day!
    I DESPERATELY want the placement as it will add to my professional development, be hugely challenging but a great experience and hopefully would provide me with opportunities that would make me more employable and add that little bit extra to make my CV stand out from the masses!
    I justed wanted to ask if those with greater experience (in terms of being interviewed or interviewing!) would have any tips for me to consider before I have my interview??
    Any constructive help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well done! Excellent news about that interview.
    Open the Welcome thread and read the interview clickables there. They will give you general advice on teaching interviews, plus some possible questions.
    Not international specifically, but more important will be the teaching aspect of the process.
    Very best of luck!
    I shall be doing Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contributing to the Job Application Seminars and Weekend Workshops over February half term. We shall be looking at application letters, executive summaries and interviews.
    The next Weekend Workshop on applications is on Sunday 23rd January. Contact advice@tes.co.uk for more details on all of these.
    Look forward to seeing you!