1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview for nursery

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by missh27, Nov 5, 2011.

1. I am currently teaching Y3 on a maternity cover and I feel that my strength is in the juniors.
    My maternityis due to finish in a few weeks and I have been applying for jobs.
    i had an interview this week,for a year 4/5 class, but came a close second.
    The school rang me the day after to offer me an interview for a job in the nursery, I have not really had experience in a nursery (apart from three days on supply)
    So I am asking if there are any websites/ info I can look at to help me get my head around learning through play.
    And can anyone offer me advice on my lesson idea.

I have to do 10-15 minutes with a carpet session with all 26 nursery children.
    I though about doing the story 'The runaway chappati' (Lots of EAL children in school)
    Using a puppet to tell the story (the y2 teacher has leant me a storyboard to help tell this story).
    Then Ive been advised to sing some songs (anyone help me on ideas for this?)

Then I have to go into the domestic role play area with the children who have chosen to go in their for continuous provision.

Let me know what you think, any advice would be appreciated

MissH

2. I am currently teaching Y3 on a maternity cover and I feel that my strength is in the juniors.
    My maternityis due to finish in a few weeks and I have been applying for jobs.
    i had an interview this week,for a year 4/5 class, but came a close second.
    The school rang me the day after to offer me an interview for a job in the nursery, I have not really had experience in a nursery (apart from three days on supply)
    So I am asking if there are any websites/ info I can look at to help me get my head around learning through play.
    And can anyone offer me advice on my lesson idea.

I have to do 10-15 minutes with a carpet session with all 26 nursery children.
    I though about doing the story 'The runaway chappati' (Lots of EAL children in school)
    Using a puppet to tell the story (the y2 teacher has leant me a storyboard to help tell this story).
    Then Ive been advised to sing some songs (anyone help me on ideas for this?)

Then I have to go into the domestic role play area with the children who have chosen to go in their for continuous provision.

Let me know what you think, any advice would be appreciated

MissH