1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview for Kuwait

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by Saartjie, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Hi

I teach in Oman and have an interview for ESF in Kuwait next week. Can anyone help me with information about the school? What is the dress code like for females in Kuwait? Here it is quite relaxed.

2. Hi

I teach in Oman and have an interview for ESF in Kuwait next week. Can anyone help me with information about the school? What is the dress code like for females in Kuwait? Here it is quite relaxed.

3. I think you might find the ladies dress code a little more restrictive than other parts of the middle east, the exception being saudi.

I work in another school in Kuwait and depending on your figure, you can be picked on for wearing tight clothes. If you have the figure for tight clothes, you'll be "noticed"!

As long as you don't show cleavage, armpits, legs above the knee I would think you'd be OK.

Not having had experience of the school personally but having a quick look at the website photographs, all the teachers look rather smart, but then you'd expect that too.

ESF does not get much coverage here. Everyone I know who knows someone else working there says they have a very happy staff who are looked after and valued as professionals.

Good luck at interview. What sort of position are you going for?

Chocky

4. Used to be known for dodgy and underhand practices eg paying people little extras in brown envelopes so that they could a)claim that they had a pay scale and b)avoid paying people the correct gratuity, which is based on your contracted salary.

Pretty ropey, although I know people who've been there a while and get on fine.