1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

INTERVIEW FOR FRENCH AT CILT PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by Langues30, May 2, 2012.

1. Bonjour!
    I have an interview with CILT in Reading in a couple
    of weeks. During the interview I have a 5mins micro presentation and I
    have to

teach a feature of your mother tongue. I'm a bit confused here and don't know where to start. Your input will be greatly appreciated.
    Also is there anyone in this forum who has an interview there so that we can help each other before hand?

2. Bonjour!
    I have an interview with CILT in Reading in a couple
    of weeks. During the interview I have a 5mins micro presentation and I
    have to

teach a feature of your mother tongue. I'm a bit confused here and don't know where to start. Your input will be greatly appreciated.
    Also is there anyone in this forum who has an interview there so that we can help each other before hand?

3. rosered27

rosered27 New commenter

Hallo und guten Tag,
    good luck for your interview.
    I guess that whatever your native language is (mine is German), they will want you to demonstrate knowledge of it by showing how you would teach it to others.
    If it is English, the request does not surprise me at all and if it is French or other, the request does not surprise me either.
    Pick, for example, English present tense usage and teach the "s" in third person singular. How would you present that? Think grammar in context and use of ICT.
    What job is it? What is the remit? Send me an email via TES if you like for more communication. Bonne chance - viel Glück - good luck!