1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview for first choice PGCE in March

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by qwertyuiop10, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Hi All
    I've browsed through many threads on these forums and am getting a little concerned at how late my interview is. The GTTR course search says no vacancies and many people seem to have already had their interview for a second choice when i am still awaiting my first. I have not been informed that i am on a reserve list but am starting to get worried that there won't be any available places when my interview finally comes.
    I applied to do my primary PGCE at Edge Hill University, am i right to be rather pessimistic about my chances?

2. Hi All
    I've browsed through many threads on these forums and am getting a little concerned at how late my interview is. The GTTR course search says no vacancies and many people seem to have already had their interview for a second choice when i am still awaiting my first. I have not been informed that i am on a reserve list but am starting to get worried that there won't be any available places when my interview finally comes.
    I applied to do my primary PGCE at Edge Hill University, am i right to be rather pessimistic about my chances?

3. Hey,
    Definitely not. Just because you are last to be interviewed doesn't mean you have a lesser chance of getting into a course. They wouldn't invite you for interview if that was the case!
    What they normally do is bring in as much as they can for interview and then put on 'No Vacancies' once they can't actually consider anymore, because the amount of interviewees are MUCH greater than the amount they apply. My friend applied for the UEA Secondary English course and got an interview, but there was 20 people they had selected for interview and they only have 5 places. They wont dish out the places until they have the allocations.
    If you have an interview - you have as much chance as anyone else!
    Good luck!

4. Thank you for the reassurance djaye it really helped clear some doubt from my mind

5. No problem - Good luck!

6. sez142

sez142 New commenter

I know what you mean, I have an interview for my first choice next week but if they reject me then it's going to be too late for my second choice. I guess I'll just have to really impress at, this one!