1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview for Doha this morning

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by kal-mc, Feb 15, 2012.

1. kal-mc

kal-mc New commenter

Hi all,
    Had an interview in London this morning for a British school in Doha, it went well, I was wondering if anyone else on here was also there? Your thoughts and plans if they offer you the job? Feel free to PM if you would rather not reply on here
    Thanks

2. kal-mc

kal-mc New commenter

Hi all,
    Had an interview in London this morning for a British school in Doha, it went well, I was wondering if anyone else on here was also there? Your thoughts and plans if they offer you the job? Feel free to PM if you would rather not reply on here
    Thanks

3. Hi Kal-mc, I have an interview tomorrow for a Doha based British school. Is your school interviewing over 3 days? If so, probably the same one.

Are you secondary or primary? I'm primary.

4. kal-mc

kal-mc New commenter

Hi, I just PM'd you

5. Yep! I had an interview? Which School? PM Me![​IMG]

6. I went for interview too. Has anyone heard back yet?

7. I had an interview there too. I was offered an Early Years and I have the contract here to sign, but I keep putting it off! Has anyone found any information on the school from teachers?

8. Hi i had an interview today for Doha. Will have a response in a week or so, looks hopeful.
    Has anyone been to Qatar before?
    Want to make a few links, i do get the post.
    Cheers.

9. Hi i had an interview today for Doha. Will have a response in a week or so, looks hopeful.
    Has anyone been to Qatar before?
    Want to make a few links, i do get the post.
    Cheers.

10. Our Heads in the UK recruiting at the moment. If you care to give a clue I may be able to fill you in on what to expect.

11. Any info on salary at DBS?

12. They usually go on the cheap recruiting mainly NQT's who are fresh and familiar with the latest in the national curriculum. Beware the slave dragon who has been impersonating a Head for years and years. She iss usually seen frequenting the corridors cracking her whip. Id expect 10,000QR a month. Consider yourself very lucky if you get anywhere near 12k. Staff are great, kids are great just beware of the flames. You may get burnt if you come too close.Also hope you dont get the lesser of the two types of accomodation offered. Roaches come to mind.

13. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

I have to disagree with my colleague Mr. Chipping. During my sojourn in Qatar, I think that the school in question is one of the few that has actually improved. I have the impression that most of the staff are actually quite happy and I know for a fact that the staff at this school are paid 2000QR a month as a travel allowance. A friend of mine used her allowance to buy herself a new Audi. Very nice, if you can get it, and a lot better than my old heap of rust.