1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview for Cover Supervisor!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Kittyhime, Dec 6, 2011.

1. So I found out this morning that I have an interview for a cover supervisor position later this week (I'm an NQT but have had trouble getting teaching work), and I'll be doing a short task for part of it. Does anyone know what this could involve?

2. So I found out this morning that I have an interview for a cover supervisor position later this week (I'm an NQT but have had trouble getting teaching work), and I'll be doing a short task for part of it. Does anyone know what this could involve?

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

No idea, but just a suggestion;as part of the cover supervisor's job might be to resource suitable work for a class might it be that-find a suitable task using some given data within a time-frame?
    Or prioritising the order of some work?
    Might be an idea to post on Cover Supervisor forum?

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well done on getting that interview! It's almost as hard as for teaching, so there's a success for you.
    Just think, when you sit down to the task, that it will be something that shows that you are supporting pupils without a teacher - so what would you do in their best interest?
    It shouldn't really involve a planning task, nor assessment, as in theory those are not the job of a CS, but you never know nowadays. But your PGCE training will have prepared you and more for whatever task they give you, so you need not worry about it.
    Go to the Welcome thread at the top of this Forum and inside the two interview clickables you'll find some helpful tips for you, as well as some possible questioins.
    Best wishes!
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

5. Bentley89

Bentley89 New commenter

For the CS interview that I was successful with, I was handed a pack of paper resources, pictures and a lesson plan at the door, and was told to teach it there and then.
    The lesson plan didn't match the resources, but involved longshore drift and annotating maps. They later apologised for the mix up and promised it wasn't deliberate.
    Something tells me you could get anything!

6. Well I had the interview yesterday and I ended up being given a questionnaire to hand out to the class (who were absolutely brilliant!), which was a little less then I expected to do. However, they were interviewing another four people today so I won't find out if I got one of the two jobs until sometime this afternoon. The tension is killing me...

7. Good luck, fingers crossed for you.