1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview for Art & Design PGCE at Bath Spa?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by littleboat, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Hi,

I have an interview next week at Bath Spa for PGCE Art & Design. Just wondering if anyone else has experience this year of interviews there.

2. Have you had your interview yet? Was there something specific you wanted to know?

3. Hi fliz,
    I had my interview last Tuesday and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting! Have you heard anything yet? We were told that universities should have heard yesterday about funding/numbers but I can't find any sign of that on the internet or in the press.

4. Hi Littleboat. Glad it went ok for you. Yes, I thought the whole process wasn't as scary as I'd expected it to be. Didn't like the group discussion though, it all felt too staged.
    I had a not-a-rejection letter just before Christmas which just said they would hold my application until they were in a position to offer places. I took that to mean that I'm in, pending funding from TDA, but as time goes on, and the more I read on these forums the more despondent I'm getting. I hope you're right about unis hearing yesterday, we should then hear soon???
    Good luck!

5. Hi fliz,

I'm glad that you've received good news (subject to funding). Well done!

We were told at interview that we would hear within 2 weeks if we hadn't got in and that the university would hold onto the rest of the applications until funding allocations had been announced. Fingers crossed that I don't hear anything until after next Tuesday (my 2 week rejection period)!

I agree with you about the group discussion. Some people were very desperate to have a say and it was difficult to make sure that all were included.

I've been surfing the prospective trainee teacher forums too. There doesn't seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel. Interesting to read in the TES about ITT application numbers being down this year though.

Good luck to you too!

6. Hi Fliz,

I've just received a 'not-a-rejection' letter too. Let's hope that now the training providers have the funding/numbers details we'll know for certain soon!

7. Hello Fliz,

Have you heard anything? My GTTR track was updated last night with an unconditional offer. Fingers crossed you hear positive news soon.

8. Fantastic news - well done you!! I've heard nothing so far - makes me fear the worst. To be honest, even a rejection right now is a positive move, at least it's something to move on from, this waiting is so wearing. I'll let you know ...

9. I'm hoping that you've heard now the Feb. 28th GTTR deadline has passed. Fingers crossed it's good news.